Monday 10 April 2017

Night Blind - Final Review


Well, I finished this book last night, and it's taken me all day to process what to even begin writing about the book. It was all just very strange. 
There seemed to be too many stories involved in this one book. I presume this is because there are 2 books in between Snow and Nigt Blind, but after reading this, I can't say I'm dying to read the other two. It grates me to say it, because as you know, I loved Snow Blind, and I so wanted to love this one too. All the reviews said I would!
I adored Ari Thor in the first book, and have to say, in this book, couldn't stand him. I'll not say too much, don't want this to become a spoiler! The story really didn't seem to flow at all, and I constantly felt like the story needed to get going. I was waiting the whole time for it to get to speed, and it never felt that it did.
I hated the constant petty mind games between Ari and Kristen, and the thought of two more books of this behaviour makes me mad! 
As I said on the instagram feed, I love the setting Jónasson makes, I feel like I'm there, but I'm not sure it's even a saving grace for the book. I hate having to say all this, book it's an honest review, and sometimes, to review honestly you have to say what you wish you didn't. As all avid book lovers will know, hating a book is sad, it's annoying, it's almost as heart wrenching as reading the hidden child! 
Have any of you read this book? I'd love to hear what anyone else thought of this book. Is it just m that didn't like this book?
For now, I'm reading a small read, just to tide me over until my holiday *screeches excitedly*. And I have so many amazing books to read while I'm away!!
However, I think I may have to just resort to instagram for book updates, I think I'm reduced to data!! But believe me, as soon as I'm back, I'll let you all know fully what I thought of every book I've read!!
Until then,
I'll keep you posted!

C

No comments:

Post a Comment