Tuesday 16 January 2018

The Island - Victoria Hislop

This is nothing like my typical kind of read, but was recommended by a friend, and I’m so glad they did. Absolutely loved this book. This is the kind of book, that any one will love. I’d stake a massive claim on that.
The atmosphere in the book is truly beautiful. The story is amazing, the fact that it surrounds true to life events makes the story totally believable. I absolutely loved the characters. Hislop has a fantastic nack of developing strong and believable characters, that you either love or loathe. I found myself needing to carry in just to find out what happened. It made me happy, it made me cry, it was just an emotional rollercoaster of a book.
A truly beautiful read, that reaches the heart and forces you to make emotional ties, in th most lovely of ways. Definitely a book I would read again.
This is definitely one of the  best books I’ve ever read, and will be a long time until I find a book quite like this one. The kind of book, once you’ve read you need everyone else to read it, just so you can discuss how amazing it was.
Loved it. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment