Sunday 29 May 2016

New Book - Snow Blind by Ragnar Jónasson

Hi!
New book in!
I'm loving this book, which is turning into a fantastic example of Nordic noir!
The story centres around rookie cop Ari Thór Arason, working in a tiny town in northern Iceland, with only one access route, miles from his girlfriend, who he is trying to keep on his good side!
The atmosphere that Jónasson has creates is amazing! I've always wanted to visit Iceland, and I feel like I'm right there, in the snowed in villages!
The story flits between two seemingly unconnected stories, that of Ari Thór, and much shorter chapters about a mystery woman in a spot of bother! ... Intriguing!
It's a typical murder mystery, but told with such feeling, and day to day problems of the characters thrown in for good measure. It's looking up to be a good read.
I'm just under a quarter in, and loving it. I think this is going to be a fantastic
The snow keeps falling, getting ever deeper, isolating the town even more.
What could possibly go wrong?
I'll keep you posted!
C

No comments:

Post a Comment