Wednesday 8 June 2016

Snow Blind - Final Review


Hello all!
Another book finished, and I have to say I did quite enjoy this book. I loved the scenic descriptions of the small Icelandic village, of which I won't try to spell, or EVER pronounce! It was a very good story, a typical old fashioned 'whodunit?'
However, to be a good critic I must review all aspects, and while I would recommend this book, I have to say, if you pick it up - bear with it! I found it a bit slow going to start with. It was a slow build up, and much as I hate to say it, I couldn't wait for something bad to happen to someone, just for it to get going.
But then it did!
I'm so glad I stuck with it! It had me gripped from that point on. Once again, just when I thought I had it sussed, I was told I hadn't. It was full of every possible plot twist and turn.
I have to add Jonassons' character portrayal... fantastic! I felt like I really knew them. And the rookie cop Ari Thor? I absolutely fell head over heels in love with him!

Over all, I did like the book, they story - great, characters - amazing, and the beautifully written setting - fantastic. (I suppose I'm biased, my dream is to visit Iceland!) This book made me feel there, and a part of the beautiful, small village.
I would definitely recommend this book to any lover of Nordic Noir, or in fact, to any murder mystery/whodunit lover!
Big BIG praise to Ragnar Jonasson!

Whatever could be next?

I'll Keep you posted!

C

No comments:

Post a Comment