Friday 10 March 2017

New book - the break down B.A Paris

Hello all!!

It has been some time now since we last met, and for that I am truly sorry!
I can at least let you know that I have not stopped reading books, and I hope that my return to reviewing books will be accepted by you all!!

How have you all been, I certainly hope you've been well.
I find myself reading ever more at the minute, as a few weeks ago, in an effort to get myself fit... I managed to snap ligaments in my right ankle!! So much for exercises being good for you!

This has an upside, as I get you read ever more books, and the book I have just finished was A-MA-ZING!!

As the title shows, I've just finished reading B.A Paris' new book, called the breakdown. 
I was really looking forward to reading this book, as I absolutely loved reading her debut "behind closed doors", and I was hoping this would be good. I was not disappointed! I think I might even say it was even better. 

We meet the protagonist, Cass Anderson, who I immediately warmed to within the first few pages, I felt that she was a truly strong woman who is surrounded by many differing circumstances, which it topped off when she hears that a woman she knew is found dead not far from her home. 

The aftermath, and what follows, made for a truly amazing read. 
As with Paris' debut, I found myself suffering as if I were in fact living as Cass. 
I love it when a books makes me gasp for breath, and equally leaves me guessing what will happen next. 
I found myself blaming everyone in the book for what had happened, and was truly shocked at the outcome. I couldn't help telling everyone I knew about this book, and wanting to spill the whole story to them!  

The character development is in true Paris style, easy to make an attachment with, the people are real, you have a kinship with some, and a true bitter dislike of others. Page after page left me guessing what was happening, making me question myself, could I be this strong and determined?
This book as a whole made me question who I can trust, leaving me wondering, is there ever anyone you can ever truly trust?


Cass Anderson is the epitome of a truly strong woman who know she her own mind even when those around her doubt her. Paris writes in true girl power style, showing that woman can be, and truly are, a force to be reckoned with.

To B.A Paris; keep it coming, we love your women powered books.
To women kind; don't let anyone make you who you are not.
To being trusting; question who you really know.
To being you all; I truly hope you can read this book.
To books; you are my one true love.

What have you all been reading? 
Keep reading!

I'll keep you posted.
C x

No comments:

Post a Comment