Saturday 25 June 2016

New Book - The Rose of Tibet -- Lionel Davidson


Hello again!

We find ourselves mid June, and suffering rainy days! (In England anyway...)
So what better way to pass time inside than with a new book? And here is the beauty.
"The Rose of Tibet"

In all fairness, this isn't my usual type of book. Its less of a crime novel, and more of an adventure story. I haven't read any adventure since the Hunger Games trilogy, and I think I'm going to enjoy this just as much. It's also, not a brand new book, printed in the 1970's, and set in the early 50's.  Has anyone already read this?

Charles Houston, it seems, isn't the usual type of hero, but I like him! He seems to be an unsung hero. He has his fair share of problems, and in all fairness, doesn't help himself. But when his half brother is presumed dead at the foot of Everest, he accepts a challenge like no other - Traveling to India, and then through is to the forbidden land of Tibet. I am expecting that along the way of his perilous journey, he will meet with many a challenge that he must overcome to seek and fine the truth about the disappearance of his brother. 

So I'm really looking forward to getting my teeth into this book, and can't wait to see how Charles Houston goes from unsung hero to saver of the day!

I'll Keep You Posted

C

No comments:

Post a Comment