Monday 13 March 2017

The Hidden Child - Update



I'm really loving this book for sooo many different reasons!! I really love Lackberg's writing style, the way she describes people and surroundings is fantastic! She gives a real sense of the places in the book and makes the people live, something I think is a true art that not every writer can master.
I like the way she writes about the relationships between all the characters. Currently, I really like the main policeman, Detective Melberg, he's such a funny, down to earth bloke! He's just "acquired" a dog, and has named it Ernst, after a man he used to work with! 
Sometimes it's hard to make a story flow with so many characters in a book, but Lackberg doesn't have that trouble, the story flows, the characters fit and so far, what I know makes sense.
And yet, there is still enough suspense to keep me hooked and guessing. I'm telling you, this is a true master a work!
I love the way that each chapter break moves to a different person, story and setting; keeping me on my toes all the time, and making or a truly enjoyable and hooking read. 
I really can't get enough of this book, and don't want to put it down, ever!! 

I'll keep you posted.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment