Monday 3 April 2017

The Stranger in my Home by Adele Parks - Final Review


Hi guys!
So, here we are again, the end of another book! And what a book it was.
So, if you remember, I wanted a book that wasn't going to let me down after the hidden child? It certainly didn't do that! It was in the end a very good thriller. I started out not loving it so much, it didn't seem great to begin with, it was very much a slow burner.
It begins, as the back page shows, with a man turning up on the door step of Alison and Jeff's home, with the news that their daughter, is in fact, not theirs. From then on, for a while, it seemed to be a story of 'how did we get like this', 'where did we go wrong'; with each parent reacting very differently to the news. I was worried that it was going to be like this for the whole story, with it being a novel about how one would cope with this sort of situation.
But then, BAM! There was one heck of a twist! I could not have seen it coming, had I micro analysed every other word. I was so not expecting what happened! Then after that, there was revelation, after revelation about the characters, and in the end I was very, very impressed..! Nice one Adele Parks!
This is definitely up there with one of the best psychological thrillers, with some fantastic twists and turns, and an appropriate amount of pure psycho activity!
Character development, was very good, I really made connections with some characters. I really felt for Katherine, the young girl. I put myself in her shoes, asking myself "how would I feel if I found out that my parents were not my parents." I know I'd be devastated. 
I really love it when a book shocks me to the very core, to the point where my family tells me to be quiet, when I'm apparently shouting "No! I can't believe it!" There was definitely a lot of that!
I really loved this book, and would absolutely recommend this book to all lovers of thriller, and to all lovers of book with hidden twists and shocking turns.
Thumbs up to another fantastic book!

I can't wait to dive into my next book.

I'll keep you posted!

C  

No comments:

Post a Comment