Friday 31 March 2017

The Stranger in my Home by Adele Parks



Hi guys!

I'm really getting into my new book, it's really good so far! The back page intrigued me from the get go, but so far its not as creepy as I thought it would be, and I can't decide if that's good or bad?
Alison has everything perfect, she is very lucky and she knows it! She has a life she always wanted; perfect home, husband and daughter. But then a simple house calls causes the perfect life to come crumbling down. 
15 Years ago someone took Alison's baby from the hospital (a mistake or not? I'm not sure just yet), and Alison is now facing the unthinkable..!
I'm loving the way the news is affecting everyone differently, showing peoples differing ways of dealing with shocking news. However, the way Alison is reacting, I can't decide if she is right or wrong. She seems very overprotective about her picture perfect family life, in all areas of life, not just this. I'm wondering if there's more to Alison that I'm currently aware.
The book flits between present day and 30 years ago; but the Alison of 30 years ago is VERY different from the Alison of present day.
There are so many questions I have unanswered from her past, that I am hoping will all be revealed.
I'm well over 100 pages in, and can't put it down. 
I was really hoping, that after the last book (which I loved, in case you hadn't guessed!) this would be just as good. 
So far it hasn't let me down. What secrets will I unfold? I wonder!

I'll keep you posted.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment