Saturday 27 May 2017

New book - Find Me by J.S Monroe

Hey everyone!

I'm so excited to finally be reading this book. I've herd so much good press and praise for it, and I couldn't wait to get into it! The blurb really impressed me, but sometimes I find, maybe you do too, that a detailed blurb results in a poorly written book? Not so with this.
The story is set 5 years after our main character, Rosa,  has committed suicide, jumping from Cromer pier. Her heartbroken boyfriend, Jar, refuses to believe she is dead, especially when he is sure he has seen her in numerous places. Her death was tragic, but by no means unexpected. Everyone doubts Jar's sightings, claiming they are just down to his grief. But then he gets an email 
"Find me, Jar. Before they do."
 Is Rosa really dead, or is someone playing games with the ones she left behind?

I have to say, so far I'm loving it. 
I know I always go on about strong characters,  but in this book, I feel a strong sense of character is essential. And they're all great! Kinda love the main guy, Jar, too...
Anyway, lets get to what's important, the book!
Has anyone else read this book yet? I'm feeling like it's going to be one of those that when you've read it, you want to tell everyone, but really need them to read it, so have to keep your mouth shut! 
I wasn't expecting the plot line to go where it did, so I was really surprised by the twist, which comes about a quarter of the way through.  It I actually think that it makes for a fantastic read, being written in the way it is.
So far, I can see why everyone raved about this so much, it's fantastic!
I'm really intrigued about the surrounding story between the two main characters, and can't wait to see what happens in the story, past and present, surrounding them both.
I'm currently about halfway though, and I have to say, if it continues to be as good as it is now, it will be pretty good! Do I have authority to say it's looking to be ones of this years best thrillers?
Wether or not I do, I just did!

I'll keep you posted.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment