Sunday 19 June 2016

Final Review - Trigger Mortis -- Anthony Horowitz


Hello!
Here we are again, another book finished, another book to review.
And what a book!
As we all know, I absolutely loved the front cover, and am still as much in love with it! But lets not get sidetracked again.

We started the book in London, and went on an adventure like no other with Bond, and a Bond girl... like no other. As Bond girls go, I think she was one of my very favorites. I would say, she is a bond girl Fleming would be proud of!

When I prepare to write a review, I try to think of both sides, the positives and negatives. 
But, I have to say, for the first time in a long time, I actually can't find a negative, and believe me, I've looked really hard!
I loved the villain (and we all love to hate the Bond Villain), I loved the settings, the atmospheric feel of the places visited. I like a book to make me feel, whether it be to fall in love, to cry, to hate. Horowitz did just that! 
I've hated, I've been shocked (very shocked in fact, at certain points), I've laughed, and as always, I've loved... James! (Even if I did keep picturing Daniel Craig!)
I wanted to read this book for such a long time, and I'm so glad that I finally have. I have devoured this book in a matter of days.

As I said at the start of this book, I'm always hesitant when someone writes a Bond "in the style of", because as I said, they have big boots to fill in Fleming! 
Anthony Horowitz definitely fills those big boots! I've been so engrossed in this book, I really haven't been able to get my head out of it!

I will hold my hands up and say, there are bigger Bond fans than me, I'll even acknowledge, that some may have read, or yet read this book, and totally disagree with me. But I stand by my trust in Horowitz.
He truly hasn't let me down!
My only hope, is that you think the same!


And so ends another book review,
but for anyone who knows me, you'll know I've already started another one.
Which book, you ask?
That would be telling!

I'll keep you posted!

C

(I'd love to hear your thoughts, if you have any?)

No comments:

Post a Comment