Sunday 12 June 2016

New Book - Trigger Mortis -- Anthony Horowitz


Hello all!

Here we are again, at the beginning of a new book! I absolutely love the cover of this book, and how it matches my bag! But, we're not here to review covers, and materials, lets get to the point.
I love James Bond, I really do love the whole ideal of 007, so anyone writing as Fleming has a big standard to live up to, and big boots to fill. I'm placing my trust, and my bets, that Horowitz can do it! I've always loved his stories from being a teenager, and he isn't disappointing me now.
It starts with a typical Bond opening - all guns blazing, mix that with a dash of 'no one knows really whats happening', and throw in a shock or two, what do you get? The perfect Bond!
The book is set 2 weeks after the end of Goldfinger in 1957, and features a very special Bond girl. Bond must work together with Jeopardy Lane, a bond girl like no other, to stop an attack that will devastate New York, and make the West crumble! (Good ol' Fashioned James!) 
I'm already hooked with this, and although my Bond era was Pierce Brosnan, I love Sean Connery, (best Bond ever I think (although I really liked Timothy Dalton)). 
The only problem I have, is that I can't not imagine Daniel Craig!
But Anthony Horowitz lives up to the typical Bond theme - fantastic weapons, gorgeous women, and even better looking cars!
I'm 50 pages in, and loving it, but will admit, I don't fully know whats going on yet!
So...
I'll keep you posted!

C

No comments:

Post a Comment